Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book
- Yield: 8 servings (1 piece per serving)
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke heart quarters, well drained
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1½ cups cooked shrimp
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick spray.
- Lightly sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- If making the crust, transfer the dough to the pan.
- Stretch and shape the dough by hand and/or with rolling pin into a 12-or 13-inch circle or 11-by 14-inch rectangle.
- If using store-bought crust, place it on the pan.
- Remove and discard any coarse outer leaves from the artichoke hearts.
- Coarsely chop the hearts.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle with artichoke hearts evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the shrimp, then the chopped pepper.
- Top with cheese.
- If using homemade crust, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If using purchased crust, bake according to package directions, or until the pizza begins to brown at edges.
- Cut into 9 rectangles or wedges and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 slice):
- 164 Calories | 3g Fat | 49mg Cholesterol | 559mg Sodium | 24g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 10g Protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch | 1 Vegetable | 1 Lean Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.