Made with authentic artichokes, cheese, peppers, and mayonnaise, this white-hot dip is great on chips, seafood, and meat, and delivers a fresh aroma that it relishes. Heavy cream sometimes replaces the mayonnaise while chili powder and black pepper provide a bold, tangy kick with the vegetables. Cheese occasionally works for this, too.
- 1 can (14-oz) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (4-oz) green chili peppers, chopped or (2 green peppers, chopped then deseeded if desired)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- 1 cup mayonnaise or (1 ¾ cup heavy cream)
- 2 cups grated cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar, Provolone, or Mozzarella), optional
- tortilla chips for dipping
- In a small mixing bowl, combine artichokes, cheese, peppers, chili flakes (optional), cheese (optional) and mayonnaise.
- Transfer mixture to an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with corn, potato, or tortilla chips, or other side dishes. Reserve the vegetable-based dip in the refrigerator but cover this with the plastic wrap to keep cold.