- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated and rinsed
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, halved or quartered
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Heat large skillet over medium, and dry-roast pecans, stirring continuously to prevent scorching, until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine quinoa with 2½ cups water in large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking grains, stirring occasionally, until tender, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scoop quinoa into strainer, rinse under cold water, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, layer dinner plates with endive leaves.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and sliced shallots.
- When quinoa is cool, stir grain and vegetables together, and dress as desired, tossing to combine.
- Arrange mixture on endive leaves, garnish with toasted pecans and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.