Source: Fatfree Digest, Volume 10 Issue 33, Sept. 13, 1994
- Serves 2
- 1 can artichokes (not packed in oil)
- 4 to 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- fresh garlic (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tsp chopped dried basil)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (or more) non-fat soy moo or low-fat soy or rice milk
- fettucine, macaroni or spaghetti
- Prepare fettucini, macaroni or spaghetti noodles al dente.
- Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little the of the liquid from the can of artichokes.
- Cut the artichokes into small pieces.
- Add the artichokes (and liquid) into the saute with a little flour to thicken.
- Mix thoroughly, adding soy or rice milk and flour to desired thickness.
- Don't cook the artichokes for long, just enough heat all ingredients and to blend sauce to desired thickness.
- Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 210 | fat 1.5 g (6% calories from fat) | carbohydrate 46 g | protein 10.7 g
- Pasta is about 100 calories/cup
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.