- 4 large tender artichokes
- 4 small onions finely chopped
- 200 g broad beans, both skins removed
- 200 g shelled peas
- 400 g fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg per person (optional)
- 1 gbejna (fresh goat cheese) per person
- Prepare the artichokes by removing all tough outer leaves, completely cut off the tops of remaining leaves and remove the choke with the aid of a teaspoon.
- Cut the artichokes in halves and put in a basin covered in water lemon juice.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and gently fry until soft.
- Add the garlic and as soon as it turns golden, add the tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil add the parsley and seasoning, lower the flame and add the artichoke hearts.
- When these are almost done, add the broad beans and peas.
- At this stage you may have to add a little water, to make sure all the vegetables are covered.
- Continue simmering until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the egg and the gbejna into a hollow you will have made with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the egg is poached serve the stew hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.