This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound peeled artichokes
- 1 pound fresh fava beans
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch green onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Heat oil in a broad pot.
- Stir in onion and green onion and allow them to soften.
- Add fava beans, mint and half of the dill then stir for 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and hot water.
- Place artichokes in the pot pointy sides facing up.
- Seal the pot with aluminum foil and place the lid on.
- Cook on medium for 30 minutes.
- Once you turn it off sprinkle with salt.
- Let artichokes cool in the pot.
- Place artichokes on serving plate and with a spoon stuff them with fava beans.
- Sprinkle the rest of dill on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.