- 2 large artichokes (or 4 medium)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp basil leaves, dried
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup dry white wine
- pepper to taste
- With scissors or sharp knife, cut 1½ inches off top of each artichoke; cut off stems.
- Pull leaves open at top; remove center leaves and scrape out choke with spoon.
- In blender or food processor, combine carrot, onion, parsley, dried herbs, garlic and salt and black pepper to taste; process until finely chopped.
- Stuff herb mixture between leaves of artichokes.
- Place cooking rack, wine and ½ cup water in 4- or 6-qt pressure cooker.
- Place artichokes on rack; close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook 20 minutes at 15 pounds pressure, with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool cooker at once.
- Remove artichokes and rack; keep warm.
- Boil liquid left in pressure cooker about 5 minutes or until reduced to ¼ cup; stir in red pepper.
- To serve, spoon cooking liquid over artichokes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.