Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 Red Delicious or Fuji apples, unpeeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Spanish Manchego cheese or sharp white Cheddar Cheese, shaved
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates, sliced
- 1 cup Caramelized walnuts
- 4 large shallots, minced
- Boil balsamic vinegar in small saucepan over medium-high heat until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk oil and champagne vinegar in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Toss arugula, Apples, half of Cheese, dates, walnuts, and shallots in large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Mound salad in center of each plate.
- Drizzle balsamic syrup around salads.
- Sprinkle remaining Cheese atop salads.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.