Depending on the size of the yams you are able to buy, and what you are eating it with, each tuber should feed about 4-6 people.
- Cut the yam up into cubes (about 1 inch on each side).
- Rinse the yams.
- Place them in a large pot with enough water to cook them.
- Add - Ground tomatoes and peppers OR tomato sauce and tomato paste
- Also add sliced/diced onions, salt, and pepper.
- If you wish, you can also add meat or fish.
- Cook until the yams are soft enough to eat.
- Mix the contents of the pot to get a good distribution.
- Usually eaten as a side or as a meal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.