- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup slivered fresh ginger
- 2 tsp non-iodized salt
- 4 cups melon pieces, cut into 2x½-inch pieces
- Place water, vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add melon, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pack in sterilized glass jar or jars, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.