Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Description[edit | edit source]
Cabbage leaves stuffed with creamy chicken spiced with ginger, garlic, coriander, chilli and spring onions.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 fresh red chili, halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (about 150g each), cut into large chunks
- zest of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
To serve[edit | edit source]
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Remove and discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and place 8 leaves in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool down.
- Place all the other ingredients in a food processor and whiz for 30 seconds to a coarse mince.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal amounts. Grease the bottom of a steamer with a bit of olive oil. Take a soft cabbage leaf and place the mince in the middle, then fold in the sides until you have a closed parcel. Lay it in the colander so the parcel holds it shape and repeat with the remaining cabbage leaves. Steam for about 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with a drizzle of soy sauce, sesame seeds and chilli sauce for dipping.
Contributed by[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.