An oil-free marinade gives this chicken its deliciously different barbecue taste.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The American Heart Association Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, Third Edition, ©2004 by the American Heart Association.
- Serves 6
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves with bone (about 6 oz each), all visible fat discarded
- vegetable oil spray
- ¼ cup honey 
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-salt soy sauce
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp finely snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp grated peeled gingerroot or 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together the marinade ingredients to mix well.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, turning to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil spray.
- Grill the chicken for 30 to 45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, brushing the pieces with marinade and turning them frequently.
- Or to broil, preheat the broiler.
- Lightly spray a broiler-safe baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
- Put the chicken on the prepared sheet.
- Broil about 5 inches from the heat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, brushing the pieces with marinade and turning them frequently.
- ↑ If you are unable to use honey...consider using the artificial honey that can be purchased at Wal-Mart. But remember it can have digestive side effects you may not want to deal with. Take care, Gloria
Nutritional information Edit
- 120 Calories, 1.5g Total Fat | 0.5g Saturated | 0.5g Polyunsaturated | 0.5g Monounsaturated | 36mg Cholesterol | 331mg Sodium | 0g Carbs | 0g Fiber | 25g Protein
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.