- 1 lbs dried soba noodles or spaghetti
- ¼ cup Oriental sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeno chiles, red or green
- 1½ cup dry-roasted peanuts, (lightly salted, coarsely chopped)
- Cook noodles in large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite; stirring occasionally.
- Rinse noodles with cold water until cool.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and salt in small bowl.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add to noodles.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro, green onions and jalapeno chiles and mix well.
- (salad can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate).
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over salad and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.