- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup peanuts
- 2 small green chile peppers, seeded
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a small skillet until nearly smoking, then remove from the heat and add the peanuts.
- Allow to sit until lightly browned.
- Remove the nuts with a slotted spoon and drain, reserving the oil.
- Put the peanuts in a food processor or blender and blend to a rough paste.
- Add the chilies, ginger and garlic and continue to blend, add the herbs and a little of the reserved oil, and continue to blend.
- Add the salt, sugar and lemon juice, and blend until the herbs are very finely minced.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and stir in the remaining oil.
- Serve alongside warm or cold noodles, and allow each eater to spoon sauce to taste over a helping of noodles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.