Purchased from the DeYoung Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1982. Date and source unknown.
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced, lean, boneless Lamb
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Cut the Lamb into small strips.
- In a bowl, mix garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce, tomato paste, sherry and oil.
- Let this stand for 10 minutes or more for the flavors to mingle.
- Stir-fry the Lamb in 1-tablespoon oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Let the Lamb stand for 3 minutes before combining with the sauce.
- Sauce: Whisk water and cornstarch into the sauce ingredients, cook in a small saucepan till the sauce has thickened, stir in the sliced Mushrooms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.