Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Copyright © 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces medium asparagus stalks (about 8), woody stems trimmed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 medium slices Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly.
- Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes.
- Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface.
- Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Nutrition Information Edit
- Calories 372 | Fat 26g (8g saturated) | Carbohydrates 6g | Fiber 1.5g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.