- 4 cups fresh asparagus, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1.Steam the asparagus for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2.In a large mixing bowl, toss together the asparagus, kidney beans, onion and mint.
3.Place the oil, vinegar, mustard, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper, and parsley in an airtight container, cover tightly and shake until combined. Pour dressing over aspargus mixture then gently toss to coat. Divide salad among salad plates then serve.
- Aspargus, Sweet Onion and Mint Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource