Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1½ to 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons butter, or more
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 8 thin slices dry-cured ham, like prosciutto
- 12 or 16 paper-thin slices Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Poach or steam asparagus in or above boiling salted water until it is bright green and just tender, 3 to 7 minutes, depending on its thickness.
- Meanwhile, put 4 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Place at least 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, and turn heat to medium.
- When butter in skillet melts, crack eggs into it.
- Cook, sprinkling with salt and pepper, until whites are no longer runny, about 5 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and divide among 4 plates.
- Turn off heat under butter in saucepan the moment it browns; if eggs are not quite ready, keep butter warm over low flame.
- Top asparagus with a portion of ham, then a fried egg, then some browned butter, and finally a few slices of the cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.