Makes 6 servings.
- 1 x 14½-ounce can green asparagus spears, drained
- 12 ounces cooked ham, sliced or cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pimentos
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Arrange asparagus in buttered baking dish, about 9x12x2-inches.
- Arrange ham over asparagus. Season rice with ¾ teaspoon salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Add pimientos and toss lightly. Spoon over ham.
- Add remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, mustard and cheese to whipped cream.
- Spread over top of rice.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.