I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks trimmed
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons finely minced fresh chives
- Trim leeks of all but 2-inches of greens then rinse well and thinly slice.
- Peel and dice the asparagus stalks reserving tips.
- In a large heavy casserole melt the butter over low heat.
- Add leeks, potatoes and asparagus stalks and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes covered.
- Cool soup slightly.
- With a slotted spoon remove 1 cup of the vegetables and reserve.
- Transfer the remaining soup to a blender and process until smooth.
- Return the pureed soup to the casserole and place over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus tips and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved cooked vegetables and cream and simmer 5 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.