Purchased from the Taylor Estate in Mineral Wells, Texas in 1984. Dated 1958.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-1/2 cups milk at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices toast
- 8 stalks of cooked fresh asparagus.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Add the milk and corn.
- Stir constantly over low heat until thickened.
- Add the Cheese and continue cooking until it has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Place an asparagus spear on each piece of toast and pour rarebit over asparagus.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.