- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbs. water
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sherry
- ⅓ oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb fresh portobello or shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- Place dried mushrooms in small heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let soak 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender.
- Add sherry, salt and mushroom liquid.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper and dried mushrooms.
- Simmer, uncovered, until asparagus are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and vinegar.
- Bring mixture to a boil and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 30 seconds.
- Serve asparagus mixture over quinoa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.