Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6 servings.
- 1 pound fresh shrimp — cooked
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms — sliced
- 1 medium onion — sliced
- 1 cup celery — sliced diagonally
- 1½ pounds fresh asparagus — steamed
- 1 x 11 ounces can mandarin orange sections — drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- boiled rice
- Shell; devein shrimp.
- Drain and slice water chestnuts.
- Arrange shrimp,chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, celery, asparagus, and oranges on a large tray.
- Heat oil in wok or electric skillet.
- Add onion, celery, salt, pepper, and sugar;cook, stirring, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add asparagus and shrimp; place mushrooms and water chestnuts over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce; place orange sections on top.
- Cover; cook until mixture begins to steam; reduce heat.
- Simmer about 12 minutes.
- Serve on rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.