Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey Alexanderjamesmom@gmail.Com
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 lbs asparagus spears
- 6 tsp melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Discard tough ends of asparagus; tie spears in bunch.
- Stand upright in deep saucepan.
- Add 2 cups boiling salted water.
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove; drain and untie.
- Place in baking dish.
- Pour butter and milk over asparagus.
- Add salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.