This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Partain Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound asparagus cleaned and tough ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chives minced
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Snap ends off asparagus spears.
- Fill medium skillet with 1 inch water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus in single layer and cook 10 minutes.
- Drain well and arrange on a serving plate.
- Stir together vinegar and oil in small bowl.
- Add blue cheese and chives and mix well the pour over hot asparagus.
- Season with white pepper.
- Set aside until tepid then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.