- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The American Heart Association No-Fad Diet: a Personal Plan For Healthy Weight Loss, 2007 by The American Heart Association.
- Serves 4; about 6 spears per serving
- 1 lb fresh medium asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tbsp salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- ¼ cup finely snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh dillweed
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Put the asparagus in a steamer basket.
- Sprinkle with the all-purpose seasoning.
- Steam for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Drain well.
- Place in a serving bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together the gremolata ingredients.
- Pour over the asparagus.
- Toss gently to coat.
Cook's Tip Edit
When using fresh asparagus, discard about the bottom 1 inch of the stalk ends (breaking where the stalk bends).
Nutritional information Edit
- 33 Calories | 0g Total Fat | 0g Saturated | 0g Polyunsaturated | 0g Monounsaturated | 0 mg cholesterol | 2 mg sodium, | 6g Carbs | 3g Fiber | 3g sugar | 3g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 Vegetable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.