This recipe will complement any meal.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic Cooking Magazine via Dlife
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- 1½ lb asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- black pepper to taste
- For sauce, combine in a bowl yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard,lemon juice and salt.
- Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat.
- Add asparagus, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 3 minutes or until just tender crisp.
- Remove from water and drain on paper towels.
- Place asparagus on serving platter and spoon sauce overall.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- 57 Calories 57 (28% of Calories From Fat) | 2g Total Fat | 4g Protein 4g | 2mg Cholesterol | 299mg Sodium | 8g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | < 1g Saturated Fat
- Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.