- Remove hard bottom stem of asparagus and slice rest of stalk into approximately 1-inch pieces.
- Blanch asparagus and put into-cold water to stop it from cooking further.
- Drain and set aside.
- Roast red pepper in 500 °F oven for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- When skin has darkened and blistered, remove pepper from oven.
- Transfer to bowl and cover with aluminum foil.
- Let cool 30 minutes, then peel off skin and seed pepper.
- Slice into julienne strips and toss ½ cup roasted pepper with garlic and vinegar.
- Let marinate a few minutes, then toss peppers with asparagus.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.