Perfect in springtime, asparagus' natural sweetness contrasts beautifully with this tart vinaigrette.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ packet sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups spring salad mix ( mesclun)
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, or almonds
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- Drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Combine shallot, vinegar, mustard and sugar substitute, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Divide lettuce on 4 plates; arrange asparagus on top and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.