- 24 prunes
- ½ juice of lemon
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook prunes in lemon juice and 2 cups water until they are soft.
- Remove cooked prunes with a slotted spoon.
- Put liquid over lowest possible heat and reduce it by half.
- Stir flour into sour cream and whip the mixture into the prune liquid.
- Simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Place the prunes in an ovenproof casserole.
- Pour thickened liquid over prunes sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with pieces of butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.