Pickled unripe papaya.
- 4 cups grated green papaya
- ½ cup coarse salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small ginger, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tupper ware
Pickling mixture Edit
- Boil mixture, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Combine grated papaya and salt.
- Knead together for a few minutes.
- Wrap 1 cup at a time with a piece of cloth (it should be cotton) and squeeze out moisture.
- Soak grated papaya in vinegar overnight.
- Squeeze out as much vinegar from the papaya.
- Combine with the other ingredients.
- Pack in sterilized jars and pour hot pickling mixture over the vegetables.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- Cover jars tightly and refrigerate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.