Purchased from the Early Estate in Corpus Christi, Texas in 1992. Dated 1954
- 2 cups red kidney beans, soaked in salt water for 4 hours
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups white Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons Parsley
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup red wine
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Rinse beans and drain well. Cook in 5 cups of water for 1 hour with the bay leaves.
- Add Onion, thyme, garlic, Parsley, green pepper and salt to pot.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over hot rice, garnished with scallions.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.