DescriptionA divine Australian version of the pavlova, this enhanced classic dessert is made with real sugar, salt, vinegar, vanilla, and cornflour and delivers a heavenly aroma that it relishes. Fresh fruits occasionally work for this for garnishing, too.
- 4-6 egg whites
- pinch salt
- 8 oz. castor sugar/sugar (equal parts)
- 1 teaspoon white Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 level teaspoons cornflour
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lightly grease an oven tray but line with baking paper or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff (until peaks form). Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until having thick consistency.
- Lightly fold in cornflour. Pile mixture into circular shape, making the hollow in the center for filling.
- For the electric oven, Turn oven to 250° F and bake undisturbed for 1 ½ hours. Or for the gas oven, bake at 400° F for ten minutes, then turn oven to 250° F and bake a further hour.
- Turn the oven off; leave pavlova in an oven until cool.
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with fruit as desired. Serve cold and plain.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.