- 4 slices day old bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- Remove crusts from bread, spread with butter and sprinkle with plenty of cinnamon, cut into quarters.
- Arrange bread in greased shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with raisins.
- Separate eggs, beat yolks, milk, half the Sugar and vanilla together until blended but not frothy.
- Pour over bread.
- Put baking dish into larger pan with sufficient water to come 1 inch up the sides, bake in very moderate oven for 45 minutes or until set, when a knife blade inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out cleanly.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add remaining Sugar, a little at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- Heat jam in small saucepan, pour over bread pudding, spread with meringue.
- Increase heat to moderately hot, return pudding to oven, bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer, until meringue is set and golden.
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.