This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bilkers Estate in Cleburne, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons soft butter
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder[
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- additional powdered sugar
- Grease two small bundt pans.
- Sprinkle with fine breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in milk.
- Sift flour with baking powder then carefully fold into creamed mixture.
- Divide batter into 2 equal portions.
- Divide 1 portion between prepared pans.
- Sift cocoa and powdered sugar together and fold into remaining portion.
- Divide chocolate portion between both pans.
- Lightly blend both mixtures in pans by swirling carefully with a skewer or knife.
- Bake 1 hour then remove cakes from pans and cool on a rack.
- Sift additional powdered sugar over cooled cakes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.