Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4 – 6
- 4 – 5 cups cooked grain
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small onions (or substitute with leeks or scallions)
- 6 cups trimmed and chopped vegetables such as: red or green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- minced fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, oregano
- Cook grains or use leftover grains.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, coat with oil and continue to sauté until just tender.
- Add tomatoes and sauté.
- Increase heat to cook away excess liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine grain, vegetables, cheese, eggs and herbs.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 9x9 inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per Serving (244 g-wt.):
- 210 calories (50 from fat) | 6g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 2g dietary fiber | 6g protein | 34g carbohydrate | 50mg cholesterol | 210mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.