DescriptionEditThis savory, avocado-based salad is made with real vegetables, fruit juice, herbs, and a high hint of cumin for rich zest. Make the salad more appetizing by adding to the salad with other herbs and spices.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp. salt
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes (2 ½ cups)
- 2 ripe medium avocados, cut into ¾-inch dice (1 ½ cup)
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, torn into large pieces (8 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a medium, nonmetallic bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add tomatoes, avocados, scallions and garlic.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold to combine. Season to taste with pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, cumin, the remaining tablespoon lime juice, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add lettuce and toss.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Divide lettuce among any plates.
- Top each with mound of avocado mixture.
- Top with cucumber slices, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.