Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 California avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 (4 ounce) logs goat cheese
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- basil, to taste
- ½ cup stick Land o’Lakes butter, melted
- Avocado Sauce
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ¼ inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine avocado, goat cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper; mash until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over 1 side of chicken.
- Roll up and secure with wooden picks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, basil and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish.
- Roll chicken in melted butter; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in shallow pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove wooden picks, and serve with Avocado Sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.