- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1½ tsp salt, divided
- 1 tbsp Land o Lakes butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 California avocados, peeled and sliced
- hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add onion, and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- stir in coconut milk, next 4 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and avocado; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.