- 1 pound Rica arepa flour (in any Latin market — more like semolina)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups boiling water mixed into the dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 2 lb Maine lobster cooked and chunks
- 2 tbsp of garlic
- 1 cup of Lea and Perrins
- 2 California chiles
- 1 tomato
- 3 oz manchego cheese, grated
- Avocado and Tangerine Sauce
- Mix ingredients well and let sit until cold.
- Then knead until workable dough, adding flour as necessary.
- In a pan with olive oil saute garlic until medium golden.
- Add Lea and Perrins and chopped tomato.
- Bring to a boil and reduce until sauce has the consistency of gravy.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Add California chiles.
- Put into a blender and blend fine.
- Put the mixture back into the pan and add lobster chunks.
- Let filling cool off.
- In a bowl mix filling with grated manchego cheese.
- On a wooden board start working the dough with a rolling pin until thin (approximately ⅛").
- Cut into circles with cup or glass.
- Fill circles with 1 tablespoon of the mixture and pinch together with a fork or your fingers.
- Lightly cook in olive oil.
- Serve with Avocado and Tangerine Sauce .
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.