Description EditA nice, traditional alternative to the modern, homemade salsa, this fruit-based salsa is made and packed with real vegetables, spices, and a big hint of fruit juice and is great with other meals.
- 1 ripe California avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced, red only
- ½ cup corn kernels or (1 can cream-style corn)
- juice from 1-2 limes
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp. salt, rock or iodized only
- ground black pepper
- ground red cayenne pepper, optional
- minced jalapeño peppers, optional
- Combine avocado, tomato, corn, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss together gently.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper. For a spicier salsa, season with cayenne or minced jalapeños.
- Just scoop the avocado-based salsa in a large bowl then reserve this in the refrigerator. Pair this salsa with corn, potato or tortilla chips or other side dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.