- 4 pounds sea scallops, cleaned
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- hot pepper sauce - to taste
- salt - to taste
- 4 pounds California avocados, diced
- cilantro sprigs - as needed for garnish
- Clean and quarter scallops. Cover scallops with lemon juice; marinate until firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix red onion and remaining ingredients, except avocados.
- When scallops are ready, drain, reserving lemon juice. Fold scallops and avocado into ketchup mixture. Stir in some of the reserved lemon juice to taste. Chill to marry flavors.
Per Serving Edit
- Put ⅔ cup ceviche in martini glass or other stemmed glass. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.