- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp marmalade
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 loaves French bread (12 inches long)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cubed (½ inch) smoked deli turkey
- 1 cup cubed (½ inch) papaya
- 1 cup red or green grapes (halved if large)
- 1 medium red apple, cored and cubed (½ inch)
- 1 ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled, and cut into crescents
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until blended.
- Set aside.
- Cut one inch off the top of each loaf of bread.
- Using serrated knife, cut around inner edge of crust to remove the inside of the bread.
- Remove by tearing out all of the interior of the loaf.
- A ½ inch shell should remain.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil and vinegar.
- Brush on inside of each loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In large bowl, combine greens, turkey, papaya, grapes, and apple.
- Whisk together dressing and pour over salad.
- Toss to coat.
- Spoon into breadbaskets.
- Top with avocado crescents.
- Cut each breadbasket into four pieces and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.