Avocado stuffed with seafood. Perfect dainty!
- Yield: 8 portions
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp mace
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 lb crabmeat or lobster meat
- ½ lb shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- lettuce leaves
- 4 avocados, halved, peeled
- 32 grapefruit sections
- 32 strips of pimento
- 16 sprigs chicory
- 32 black olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 24 or 32 capers
- 16 carrot curls
- In a 1-quart bowl, blend lemon juice, white wine, curry powder, and mace.
- Add mayonnaise.
- Mix in crabmeat or lobster meat, and shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Marinate the seafood slightly with a little of the dressing immediately before serving.
- Use only enough dressing to blend.
- Arrange lettuce leaves to form cups on plates.
- Place avocado halves, peeled, in center of cup.
- Fill lightly with seafood blended with dressing.
- Arrange grapefruit sections at side of plate.
- Place 1 strip of pimento across grapefruit.
- Place 2 sprigs chicory, one at each end of grapefruit.
- Top with 1 black olive.
- Garnish with ½ hard boiled egg.
- Top with: 3 or 4 capers and 2 carrot curls, one at each side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.