- ½ lb firm smoked * 4 eggs, hard-boiled with whites separated from yolks
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Remove the skin and bones from the smoked fish and flake the flesh with a fork.
- In a deep bowl, mash the egg yolks with the milk until the form a smooth paste.
- Add the sugar, salt and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice.
- Then beat in the olive oil, a teaspoon at a time.
- Chop the egg whites finely and add them to the bowl, along with the fish.
- Combine thoroughly but gently.
- Just before serving, cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and fill with the fish mixture.
- Garnish with pepper and pass around the remaining lime juice to sprinkle on individual servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.