Chicken in Soya Sauce
- 1 chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 tbsp thick soy sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- for garnish: red pepper (julienne), coriander leaves (chopped)
- Marinate chicken with salt and turmeric powder.
- Grind, shallots, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in wok and fry chicken pieces until crispy.
- Set aside.
- In 2 tbsp of oil, fry ground shallots, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add onion rings and queeze lime juice just before removing from heat.
- If you want more gravy, add water and bring to boil.
- Garnish with red pepper and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.