Recipe reprinted with permission from ZESPRI kiwifruit
- 6 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut in chunks
- 500 grams (1 lb) king prawns
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- finely grated zest rind of lemon
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- couscous to serve (optional)
- Peel the prawns, leaving their tails on.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sesame oil, lemon zest, herbs, soy sauce and seasonings. Add the prawns. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue.
- Thread prawns and kiwi fruit onto skewers. Brush the kiwi with a little extra oil.
- Place the kebabs on the grill or barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Serve hot on a bed of couscous.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.