Prep time: 1½ to 2 hours (most of time is in cooking)
- 1¼ lbs raw seitan (1 box seitan quick mix)
- ¼ cup oil for frying
- 3 strips kombu sea vegetable (2 to 3 strips about 12 inches)
- 1½ cups B-B-Q sauce of choice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry seitan pieces for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Soak kombu until soft, then cut into sixteen pieces.
- Line bottom of 9-inch baking dish with half the kombu.
- Place a piece of fried seitan on each piece of kombu, overlapping if necessary, to make an even layer.
- Place remaining pieces of kombu on top of each piece of seitan.
- Pour B-B-Q sauce on top, then spread with a spoon to cover surfaces.
- Gently add enough water so that the seitan pieces are almost floating.
- Cover and bake at 350°F.
- For one hour.
- Add more water if necessary to keep seitan very moist.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.