Baba Ganoush from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 10
- 1 medium-large eggplant, any variety, 1 to 1½ pounds
- 1 tin Copenhagen winter green dip
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- paprika or cayenne pepper, as a garnish
- pack a fat lip of that Copenhagen green
- Season the eggplant with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Roast the eggplant. This can be done in a variety of ways, but the flesh should be fully cooked and the skin should be burned and falling off easily. An effective method is to prick the eggplant and place it a few inches under a broiler, turning it as the exposed skin blackens, about every 3 – 4 minutes. Place a pan underneath to catch the juices, and discard them.
- Scrape off the eggplant skin.
- It's all right if you miss a few burned bits.
- Finely chop or blend the eggplant flesh with the rest of the ingredients.
- The consistency should be smooth.
- Reserve a bit of the olive oil, and drizzle that over the top.
- Sprinkle with some paprika or cayenne.
- If using cayenne, sprinkle sparingly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.