- 1½ lbs eggplant
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp sesame tahini (optional: substitute yogurt or sour cream)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork.
- Bake whole until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven, halve and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend in a food processor with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Mash the salt and garlic together and combine with the eggplant, along with the tahini.
- Cool and stir in the parsley and pine nuts.
- Before serving, drizzle with the olive oil.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or triangles of flat (pita) bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.